5.18.2006

Sports

Baller Blockin



NY Knicks coach Larry Brown will swallow his pride [pictured] before accepting a buyout from the Knicks. The $25 million buyout offer, which is the rumored amount Brown will recieve from his $40 million paycheck, would be good money to walk away with, but Brown who takes pride in what he does, states he will not negotiate a buy out. The only way to get rid of Brown would be to fire him, which from what I hear is not possible, being that Larry Brown has a clause in his contract which states that he cannot be fired from his position, nor can he quit mid season. But who knows, these things change daily, I don't see Brown changing his stance, and look for the Knicks to come out swinging this year! Put my money where my mouth is.

Kobe x 3 =24?



LA Lakers franchise, Kobe Bryant has decided to let go of the number "8" he sports on his jersey. Beginning next season, Bryant will change his number to "24". This seems to be an omen of some kind, when players change their number. It didn't work for Jordan, but I see this as an evolution of some sort, Lakers might be a problem next year.

"No. 8 has been with me for a while obviously," Bryant told TNT. "I just felt it was time to move on and do something different. When I came back from Italy and I came to the States to play, the first number I selected was number 24. It is kind of a new beginning for me, and that's what the second half of my career is all about.
"


Cardinals rout Mets 6-3.

Dallas Guard Terry suspended from game 6.

Rangers top Yankees 6-2.